- What’s On
- Where to Stay
- See & Do
- Food & Drink
- Local Businesses
- Getting Here
Coupar Angus sits in the well-tended fields of Strathmore near the River Isla. It was originally in Angus and only became part of Perthshire in the 19th century.
Coupar Angus was formerly an important place of trade through its abbey, though little of this monastic settlement remains. In 1607 the town then became a ‘burgh of barony’ – a community with trading rights. The town’s Tolbooth, the administrative centre of the old burgh, is still of note. The community sits amid the rolling fields of the Sidlaw Hills to the south and the main Highland massif to the north.
Coupar Angus has a destination park with excellent facilities for children. Cycling is a feature of the local area on its quiet and safe roads and is a great base for tourers, as well as anglers, who have easy access to the River Isla. The town hosts the Cateran Sportive, an 80-mile cycle challenge and very popular Cycle and Snowdrop Festivals.
For more information, visit Forward Coupar Angus or The Coupar Angus Cycle Hub.